- 6-Trait Writing http://www.kent.k12.wa.us/staff/LindaJancola/6Trait/6-trait.html Linda Jancola created this web site for the partial fulfillment of a Masters in Education Technology requirement. It includes lesson plans for all six traits; student writing samples and opportunity to submit writing. Practical and visually appealing to use.
Books/Young Adult Books and Professional Resources -
http://www.aea11.k12.ia.us/curriculum/6_traits/resourcetrade.html The different traits are listed and book lists given to support each trait with good literature examples.
- Cooper's Six Trait Writing Checklist http://internal.vusd.solanocoe.k12.ca.us/cooper/Prog/6Tlist.htm A checklist to use as a sample with your students for self-evaluation.
- Make Six-Trait Writing Fun http://www.geocities.com/oberry1790/writingart.html Scroll down a bit to get the the Writing and Art pages.
- Online Writing Lab (O.W.L.) http://www.edina.k12.mn.us/concord/teacherlinks/sixtraits/sixtraits.html Most of the links take you to the official 6 trait writing site (NWREL), but the classroom Poster site is perfect - ready to print and use.
- Picture Books for Teaching 6-traits writing http://www.geocities.com/oberry1790/index.html Books are color coded to help you identify which traits are highlighted to use them as models for your students.
- Six Traits Writing Assessment http://www.cyberspaces.net/6traits/ Not the official site, but it has such a wealth of ideas collected by teachers that go beyond the 6 traits including strategies; synonyms for said and asked; story souvenirs; rubrics; and mini-lessons.