- Arthropolis Crossword Puzzles http://www.athropolis.com/crosswds/cross1.htm Good for gr. 2-3! Uses analysis and word structure as cues.
- Billie Bear's Winter Puzzles - 10 beautiful photos of Arctic animals to put together. http://www.billybear4kids.com/holidays/winter/puzzles/play2.html
- Build a Snowman http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/build_a_snowman.html
- Cold Places http://www.athropolis.com/game8.htm Fill in the missing blanks to identify locations within the Arctic Circle. I have to confess, I had to stop and play this game all the way through...
- Dej� Vu http://www.athropolis.com/games1/game-con.htm A memory game behind ice blocks.
- Dog Sledding Game http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/sleddogs/game.html A reading game to learn about dog sledding - great for gr. 2 - 3.
- Drafts http://www.athropolis.com/game-checkers/draughts.html Played like checkers with Icy Orbs.
- Gathering Orbs http://www.athropolis.com/game16/game16.htm Click on balls of the same color to try and clear them all - great math mind bender!
- Ice Castle Building Skills http://www.athropolis.com/game3.htm An excellent game to develop mouse skills!
- Iceland Games http://www.pers.com/icelands/games
- Jigsaw Puzzles http://www.athropolis.com/jigmenu.htm 10 different Arctic scenes to recreate. This is so good for art - composition - because you need to analyze one picture to set a piece in exactly the same position.
- Know Your Countries in the Arctic Circle http://www.athropolis.com/game15-arctic.htm A guessing game that builds geographic knowledge.
- Match the Animals http://www.mnh.si.edu/arctic/game/
- Nunavut Game http://www.athropolis.com/game-nunavut.htm Guess the missing letters - to identify locations within Nunavut.
- Polar Bear Fishing Game http://www.practicalparent.org.uk/fworld01/poletopole/poletopole.html
- Polar Bear Pairs http://www.mnh.si.edu/arctic/game/
- Polar Bear Puzzle http://freejigsawpuzzles.com/puzzles/polar_bear_jigsaw_puzzle.htm
- Sea World - Wild Arctic Games -
In-class ideas or independent project work -
- Snow Fort Battle http://www.athropolis.com/game-forts/snowforts.htm Squallhoots and Throps play hit and miss to knock down each other's snow walls. Played like Battleship.
- SquallHoots http://www.athropolis.com/game4.htm Squallhoots pop up, and you must make mouse clicks to hit them with your snowballs. Excellent for mouse skills.
- Wumpa's World http://www.wumpasworld.com/index2.html Interactive games for young students; includes great learning activities as well!